Staking Stratis and its return on investment
How to start staking Stratis?
Staking Stratis is very easy and only requires a computer, an internet connection, the Stratis wallet software, and some STRAT coins.
To start staking STRAT:
- Download the wallet here.
- Allow the wallet to sync to the Stratis blockchain. Be aware that this process will take quite some time to complete.
- Once synced, you can encrypt your wallet to enhance its security. This can be done from the wallet settings tab. Be sure not to lose the password as this will cause you to lose your coins
- It is always a good idea to create a backup of your wallet. This can be done through the File menu by pressing ‘Backup Wallet’.
- Now you can send coins to your Stratis wallet.
- Once received, unlock your wallet for staking from the settings tab to start earning rewards.
What is the return on investment for staking Stratis
The return on investment for staking Stratis depends on the inflation rate and the number of people staking. The inflation rate for Stratis is quite low at only 0.53% which translates to a daily amount of about 1440 STRAT for the entire network. That said, not everyone is interested in staking, so the return on investment is higher than the inflation rate. Currently, the expected return on your investment from staking is 1.5% on a yearly basis. You can calculate your expected returns here.
Of course, this is in addition to any increase in value that STRAT may see.
How to maximise your earnings when staking Stratis
Although staking Stratis is easy and can be done using any old computer, doing so is not the best way to earn extra Stratis. Staking is very random and allowing your staking wallet to run continuously will ensure that you receive rewards as often as possible. Keeping your staking setup running is therefore preferable, but the power consumption of running a regular computer non-stop would seriously decrease your earnings. For this reason, we have developed the OmniStaker. The Omnistaker is an easy-to-use and efficient device that you can use to continuously stake your Stratis as well as other Proof of Stake currencies. It can simultaneously stake multiple currencies 24⁄7 while keeping power consumption low. Using the OmniStaker will allow you to maximise your returns when staking Stratis.